Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Only The Thunder Knows/East End Girls

Only the Thunder Knows – East End GirlsOnly the Thunder Knows – East End Girls by Gord Rollo

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I love the idea of packaging two connected novellas into one package. JournalStone publishing is doing just that by taking an established writer in the genre and pairing them up with an author new to horror. The two novellas are centered around real life events with some twists and turns.

I read the first novella Only The Thunder Knows in record time. I really enjoyed it and was engaged throughout. The twists always kept me on my feet.(If I reviewed this story alone, it would have gotten five stars.) The second story East End Girls, I kept putting down and forcing myself to pick it back up. It took me a bit to get through it. Looking back, it was a really solid story on it's own, but the bar was set to high for me after finishing the first story.

I wouldn't recommend it to everyone, but for fans of horror it will make an interesting read.

I received a review copy of this title from LibraryThing



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment