Sunday, May 19, 2013

Stumptown, Vol. 2Stumptown, Vol. 2 by Greg Rucka

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Ever since I’ve widened my scope of reading materials to include comics and graphic novels, I have stumbled across some pretty awesome stories to add to my library. I was initially worried that starting a series on Volume 2 would leave me lost and confused and not able to give an accurate opinion of the overall story. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could jump right in and enjoy the story.

Stumptown Volume 2 collects “The Case of the Baby in the Velvet Case”, a Dex Parrios mystery. Dex is a P.I. who has been hired to find a precious guitar. While on the case, Dex finds herself trying to dodge some skinheads and the D.E.A. Greg Rucka crafts a fast pace, intense mystery that takes you on a wild ride from beginning to end and leaves you wanting more.  The intense action made it hard to put down. Couple Rucka’s writing with the art of Matthew Southworth and you have a beautiful book to add to your collection. The colors perfectly set the mood for a great mystery story.

The hardcover edition of Stumptown Volume 2 will release on September 4, 2013. I read a digital ARC from Netgalley, but I still prefer print to digital. I don’t think my computer really does the art justice.  Until then, I think I’ll go pick up Volume 1.





No comments:

Post a Comment